It is HOT! Standing in front of a steaming stove on a hot summer day can be a real pain. Step away from the heat and chill out with the convenience of pressure cooking! Using a pressure cooker is a huge time saver when it comes to "worry-free cooking". It's fast, easy-to-use, and all you need to do is add ingredients, push a button, and walk away.
Pressure Cooker Sun Dried Tomato Honey Chicken
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 shichimi or chili paste (to add a little spiciness)
- Place all the ingredients except chicken and sun dried tomatoes into the inner pot, mix well.
- Add the chicken & tomatoes; ensure they are covered by the liquid.
- Place the inner pot into pressure cooker base, lock lid. Make sure the Pressure Valve is set to Airtight.
- Press the POULTRY button on the control panel of your pressure cooker. (or you can manually program it to cook for 17-minutes)
- The machine will beep and switch to KEEP WARM automatically once the cooking cycle has completed.
- Carefully turn the Pressure Valve on the lid to EXHAUST and wait for all the steam & pressure to release.
- The Float Valve will drop, allowing you to unlock the lid.
- You can pour out half of the liquid and add cornstarch to thicken the sauce remaining in the pot if you would like.
- Remove food and enjoy!
The chicken will be saucy, juicy, and cooked to flavorful perfection. Serve with a side or rice or pasta, and compliment with grilled vegetables for a well balanced meal.