Who loves strawberries?! We certainly do! The vibrant color and aroma are just impossible to resist!
Today we are sharing a dreamy, yummy recipe with you all - strawberry pancakes.
It’s not just plain, old strawberries on top of an ordinary, boring pancake, they’re pancakes with REAL strawberries in them!
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 13 strawberries (smaller one looks better for decoration)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon pink or red food color (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- powder sugar for garnish
- blend 4 to 5 strawberries with buttermilk in a blender.
- mix pancake mix, cocoa powder and sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
- stir in strawberry buttermilk, blend well.
- add 1 egg, blend well.
- add in food color for a more vibrant pink (optional), blend well.
- turn griddle temperature control knob to about 3, coat griddle surface with butter. pour mixture.
- cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, turning when pancakes begin to bubble.
- cook until golden on both sides. remove from griddle.
- top pancakes with fresh strawberries & garnish with powder sugar.
- ready to enjoy!
The pink color is so cute and adorable! The light strawberry taste is very crisp and refreshing!
Since the recipe does not call for too much sugar , they are not overly sweet. Not sweet enough for you? Drizzle the pancakes with honey or syrup for a taste that will satisfy any sweet tooth!