1 large whole chicken (4 lbs.) 2 tsp.
1 tsp. salt & pepper
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp. ground cumin
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, minced
¼ tsp. pepper lime slices
2 large garlic cloves
Minced cilantro sprigs
1 tsp. grated lime peel
- Truss chicken or tie drumsticks together. In large bowl, mix lime juice, olive oil, shallot, garlic, lime peel, oregano, salt, cumin and pepper together.
- Cover chicken with this mixture, make sure to coat evenly. Cover chicken and refrigerate overnight.
- At cooking time, take chicken and insert into the oven.
- Set heat selection according to Roasting or Rotisserie.
- Cook about 1- 1½ hours.
- Once Timer is done, let chicken sit for 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken when it has cooled down.
- Serve with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.