4 ounces fresh goat cheese (chèvre)
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/3 cup pecan halves
1 tsp. honey
1/2 cup pecan oil (or vegetable oil)
- Preheat air fryer to 395°F.
- Mix the panko with the vegetable oil and set aside.
- To prepare croquettes, separate the goat cheese into 8 equal portions. Use your hand to roll each portion into a ball about 3/4 inch in diameter. One by one, using a fork, toss the balls in the flour, coat with the beaten egg, and roll in panko until evenly coated. Set aside on a clean plate. Chill.
- Place pecan halves into air fryer and program at 395°F for 5 minutes or until dark brown. Remove from air fryer and place into a blender while still hot. Add honey and pecan oil and blend on high speed to purée the nuts. The sauce should emulsify and become the consistency of a thick syrup. Set aside.
- Place the croquettes into the air fryer and program at 395°F for 8-10 minutes. Repeat process until all croquettes are cooked.
- Spoon the pecan sauce on a serving plate and arrange the warm croquettes on top.