4 oz. center-cut salmon fillet, skinned
4 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 egg whites
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
olive oil, for drizzling
2 1/2 tbsp. lowfat mayonnaise
2 1/2 tbsp. lowfat plain yogurt
1/2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or chives
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F. Rinse salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Slice fish so all the pieces are equally about 1/2 by 1/2 by 4 1/2-inches in size.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Place egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds. Combine grated parmesan and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Coat salmon pieces in the flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip floured fish sticks in egg whites and then into the parmesan mixture.
- Place the breaded fish sticks into air fryer and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Program to cook at 390°F for 16-21 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process until all fish sticks are cooked.
- For dipping sauce: mix mayo, yogurt, dijon, and parsley (or chives) in a small dipping bowl.