2 cups water
1 cups brown sugar
1 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Combine the water and sugar in a 3 ½ quart saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the cocoa and cinnamon; bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine strainer into a bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Stir the chilled mixture. Turn on ice cream maker and pour in ingredients. Allow to mix and freeze until desired consistency is reached, checking every few minutes. Serve in cups, add toppings as desired.