1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup bing cherries; pitted and chopped
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips; chopped
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, combine the milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until sugar is melted. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl and slowly add to the cooled milk mixture in the saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Return the saucepan to the stove on medium heat. Whisk constantly until the custard slightly thickens (lightly coats a spoon).
- Remove from heat and whisk constantly until room temperature.
- Cover and chill until cold. (Refrigerate at least an hour or so to chill thoroughly)
- Transfer ingredients carefully into the ice cream maker.
- SelectHARD or SOFT button to begin operation. Add cherries and chocolate chips to mixture after 30-45 min to prevent ingredients from settling to the bottom or jamming the spatula.
- Follow the operational instructions for serving and cleaning of the ice cream maker.