1.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
2 cups Cool Ranch Doritos
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons ranch dressing Nonstick cooking spray
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces; set aside
- In a medium-sized bowl, crush up the tortilla chips to a fine crumble. Mix with the Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the ranch dressing, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Put the flour in another separate bowl and season with a little salt and pepper; set aside
- Put the grill grate into the center of your air fryer. If needed, line the grate with aluminum foil so the chicken pieces don’t fall through.
- Set up in a line the flour, then egg mixture, then chip crumble, and lastly the air fryer. You are ready to start coating!
- Dust a chicken piece with the flour, being sure to shake off the excess.
- Next, dip it in the egg-ranch mixture.
- Then coat evenly with the tortilla chips.
- Place on the grill grate of the air fryer.
- Repeat steps 7-10 until all of the chicken is coated. If they do not all fit in the fryer, cook in batches.
- Lightly spray the tops of the chicken with the nonstick spray. This ensures they get crunchy and golden brown.
- Close the lid. Plugin the air fryer, turn the dial to HIGH, and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- After they have cooked for 7 minutes, open the lid. Using silicone tipped tongs that will not scratch the cooking pan, carefully flip over each of the pieces of chicken. Spray the new side with cooking spray, then close the lid and allow them to cook the remaining 8 minutes.
- When they are done, carefully remove from the fryer with the heat safe and non-scratching tongs and place on a plate.
- While still hot, sprinkle with some extra salt.
- Let cool slightly then serve with additional ranch dressing.