3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.
- Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Pour flour mixture into batter alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Fill the pre-heated bundt cake maker half full.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of white sugar with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the batter in the pan. Fill bundt cake maker with more batter in heaping spoonfuls over the filling, covering it as best you can.
- Rotate the unit clockwise 180° to the bottom side. Allow cake to bake undisturbed for 14 to 15 minutes.