2 lbs. chicken breast
12 oz. frozen peas and carrots, thawed
2 c. frozen diced potatoes, thawed
1 onion, sliced into rings
2 can cream of chicken condensed soup
2 c. water
4 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the wire rack into the cooking pan. Place the chicken breasts and slice onion onto the rack.
- Cook chicken breasts and onion for 10 minutes at 320°F, until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow to cool. Wipe clean the cooking pan.
- Dice the chicken into 1/2″ cubes. And chop the cooked onion into small pieces.
- Unroll 2 cans of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Press into bottom and up the sides of cooking pan. Don’t worry if sides do not go all the way up.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 320°F or until the crust is lightly browned. Allow to cool. In a large saucepan, combine chicken cubes, diced onion, water, potatoes and peas and carrots.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes).
- Add the soup and poultry seasoning and continue heating for another 5 minutes. If sauce looks too thick, slowly add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour chicken mixture over the baked crust and spread evenly.
- Unroll the other 2 cans of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Place over top of chicken mixture and press into sides of dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 320°F or until top is golden brown.