1 batch crepes (about 10)
1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
4 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
1 lemon, zested or finely grated
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest and egg. Blend until smooth then chill filling to firm it up so that it doesn’t spill out of the crepes.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the cheese filling along the lower third of the crepe.
- Fold the bottom edge away from you to just cover the filling, then fold the 2 sides in
- towards the center. Roll the crepe away from you a couple of times finishing with the seam side down. Put on a plate seam side down until all your blintzes are done.
- Then in a skillet over medium heat, brush with melted butter and pan-fry the blintzes a few at a time until they brown and crisp quickly. Drain on paper towel and serve hot.