2 Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled
3/4 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Wash and clean the potatoes in cold running water. Using a mandoline, or vegetable peeler, finely slice the potatoes into chips. Drop the chips into a bowl of ice water as you work to prevent them from going brown. This will also remove any excess starch. Soak in water for 30 minutes and change the water at least 4 times.
- Toss the chips in the canola or vegetable oil.
- Place chips into air fryer and program to cook at 390°F for 23 minutes. Stir the potatoes. Then cook for another 23 minutes.
- When finished cooking, immediately sprinkle on salt and a lot of black pepper. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes. Serve very soon after frying.