2½ cups all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ tsp. active dry yeast
1 tbsp. honey (optional)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
¼ tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, yeast, and salt to blend.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, mixing until large lumps are moistened.
- Cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free place 1 hour or until light and bubbly (or cover and refrigerate overnight.)
- Stir down batter; pour onto hot, greased waffle maker and bake.
- Makes about 4 ½ cups batter