Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 ripe banana, mashed
2/3 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups water
1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Spray multi-purpose pan with cooking spray. Stir flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat 2 tablespoons butter and sugar in another bowl with electric mixer until mixture is creamy. Beat in egg.
- Stir banana, milk, half the lime zest, half the lime juice, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Stir half the flour mixture and half the banana mixture into butter mixture. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and butter mixture. Pour batter into pan.
- Pour water into pot. Place roasting rack into pot. Place pan on rack. Set OVEN to 375°F for 40 minutes. Cover and cook until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pan from pot. Let bread cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes.
- Remove rack from pot and pour out water. Stir remaining butter, pecans, coconut, brown sugar, lime zest, and lime juice in pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH. Cook uncovered 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon coconut mixture over bread.